Coaching options for junior golfers
To cultivate our future golfing talent we will be offering exciting golf coaching options for junior golfers, in 2022.
Firstly, a little more about the benefits of learning to play golf from a young age:
- Enjoy the outdoors – get them off the couch and active outdoors, doing a sport with a low risk of injury
- Develop lifelong friendships – learn to interact away from screens!
- Learn to manage emotions
- Learn good sportsmanship and etiquette
- An excellent way to spend time with the family
Randpark Coaching Professionals will guide your child through their golfing journey, with 27 years of experience in coaching junior golfers. From beginner juniors to advanced level we have structured and professionally run group courses and individual lessons. We will create a passion for the game of golf that will help your child enjoy and become an active social golfer or compete at the highest level.
Our Junior Academy allows talented school-going golfers to reach their full potential. Our comprehensive and holistic coaching, education and playing academy gives our golfers the best opportunity to explore a possible future in golf.
With industry-leading technology, unrivalled practice and play facilities hosted by three of the best PGA Coaching Professionals in the country, we guarantee a unique coaching experience.
Our golfers prove, week in week out to have a substantial competitive advantage when playing SA/US Kids tournaments and when graduating into CGGU teams and tournaments.
Our winner’s list continues to grow. We support and encourage participation in:
• Club events and competitions
• Randpark Junior Club Championships
• SA Kids
• US Kids
• CGGU Tournaments
We run this Academy three days a week, we offer six hours of golf coaching per week. A week works on a rotational basis, as an example:
1st : 17 Jan – 18 Mar | 2nd : 2 May – 1 Jul | 3rd : 25 Jul – 23 Sep | 4th : 10 Oct – 11 Dec
Monday – 2 Hours short game
Putting, chipping, pitching and bunkers
Wednesday – 9 Holes
Course management, rules and etiquette and stats capturing
Friday – 2 Hours Inrange full swing practice
In this session, four individual one-on-one lessons will be conducted
The following week the schedule will rotate.
Your child will receive:
• 8 hours short game coaching per month
• 4 nine holes per month
• 7 hours full swing practice per month
• 2 x ½ hour individual lessons per month
The Academy is a 12-month programme. The Academy will not cancel coaching due to lightning.
Elite Golf Academy:
- Ultimate game improvement academy for the advanced player who aims to excel.
- Two hours of golf tuition twice per week, one hour working on full swing and one hour on the short game.
- Using Trackman (state-of-the-art golf tracking technology).
- Short game specialist.
- Golf-specific fitness, with Warren McCann.
- Sports psychologist.
- Statistics and full reports are provided to parents.
- Tournament planning and scheduling for the year.
- Golf pro attendance at selected tournaments (High school only).
PLUS all the benefits of Junior Membership:
- Unlimited rounds of golf (5 ½ days), including an official handicap
- Club league, club champs, club trophy events
- Club fitment voucher
- Members-only golf shop specials
- Members happy hour (up to 30% discount for parents)
- No venue-hire for functions
- Discount & access to Club social events / functions
- Special member rates at The Fairway Hotel & Spa
- Free use of tennis courts & club running track
- 24-hour security
- Unlimited Wi-Fi access
- Kids club under 12
- Movie nights
- Pitch & Play
- Special kids’ birthday party rates
- Preferential family lifestyle membership rates
- Kids play area
- Access to The Par-3 @ Randpark (9-hole putt-putt course)
Our passion for making golf fun and enjoyable now also extends to assisting in facilitating golf-themed children’s parties! Please let any of the coaching professionals know if you are interested in finding out more.
For more info please contact us at email@example.com
“Parent & Junior” Trophy:
This is an annual event where parents and children team up. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
We currently have 2 league sides consisting of 8 players per side. The teams participate in an interclub league throughout the year. Each side has a representative manager who will compile the results and also keep an eye on the youngsters. The role is normally filled by a parent of one of the players. We strongly encourage parents to volunteer to manage and assist the teams as it is seen as a way to support the development of the players involved.
These players are selected on a few criteria such as results in the Junior Club Championships, junior competitions and participation in the club events. Visibility and activity are key areas for evaluation and selection.
Please contact the Golf Department at email@example.com for more information on the “Parent & Junior” Trophy or Junior League.